Running a business can be very challenging. There are day-to-day activities that business owners must oversee. If you’re a business owner, you already know that you need to stay ahead of the competition. You utilize different Internet marketing strategies to create brand awareness and to promote your business online.
But, even with today’s Internet-powered global marketplace, companies should still maintain a business phone so that customers can reach them and vice versa. Some customers may even prefer to call a company or business despite the availability of messaging apps and email.
When you set up a business phone, your company will enjoy the following benefits:
- Brand image: Your business will appear more professional and established when you have an efficient business phone system.
- Customer service: Clients will appreciate having a human voice answer their questions and concerns.
- Sales: Phone calls can turn to leads, which can improve your business’ bottom line.
Business Phones are Essential Tools for Companies
Different businesses have different telephone requirements. Setting up a business phone requires careful consideration so that you can maximize its benefits.
Here are the essential things consider when setting up a business phone:
- Nature of Business
Take note that there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution to businesses’ phone system needs. Thus, it’s only right to select a business phone that matches the type of company that you operate.
- Standard analog: Most businesses still use a standard analog telephone system. If you are starting with limited capital, the good old landline will suffice. However, you should plan to upgrade your business phone plan as soon as possible to enjoy more features.
Analog telephone systems are suitable for businesses with permanent office locations.
- Mobile phone: Most, if not all, customers have access to a mobile phone. Startup businesses will benefit from having a business mobile phone number and an analog phone number. Customers calling through their mobile phones will sometimes look for the cellular number of a company that they want to call.
Inquire about the plans and pricing of your mobile service provider to make sure you’re getting the best deal. If your business requires you or your staff to travel, it only makes sense to have mobile phones so that you can still answer phone calls even while on the go.
- Voice over internet protocol (VoIP): A VoIP phone system utilizes your Internet connection to make or receive phone calls. You need to have a reliable and stable Internet connection before choosing this phone system for your business.
You may want to consider a VoIP phone system if your company operates at multiple sites.
- Virtual phone system: Businesses with multiple locations should opt for virtual phone systems as an alternative to installing a VoIP phone system. A virtual phone system is technically not a phone system, but instead provides features, such as a toll free number, that customers can call regardless of their location.
The great thing about modern business phone systems is that there are plenty of features that provide added convenience to customers and business owners. Similar to finding the right business phone system for your niche, you should assess which features you need that may enhance your services.
The most common business phone features that modern companies need are:
- Toll-free numbers and vanity numbers
- Voice mail
- Caller ID
- Queue message or hold music
- Call forwarding or routing
- Live call recording
A primary consideration when setting up a business phone is the price. Many small businesses don’t have the budget to spend on complicated phone systems. You should reach out to different service providers so that you can compare rates and plans. The right phone service provider will give you a suitable package for your business’ needs.
If the company budget is really tight, you can start with a standard analog telephone system. But, as your business grows, make sure to align the company’s budget by installing a more advanced phone system since it’s a significant investment you should not neglect.
Having a reliable business phone system is an indicator of a company’s customer service. Choosing a business phone system for your company requires a careful assessment of your needs and preferences.
A good business phone helps your company grow by making it more accessible to your suppliers, customers, and potential clients. A flexible and efficient business phone system is, indeed, a worthy investment.