Often developers of sites implement layout and functionality of the site, not thinking about further work on the project. Such implementation and “defects” complicate the process of promotion in search engines.
We have highlighted the basic requirements for sites that must be performed during the development of the site for subsequent effective search engine promotion.
- The speed of loading on mobile and desktop devices should be optimized, the site is loaded quickly. According to eCommerce reporting minimum allowable indicators: mobile 50%, desktop 90%.
Page load speed has long been taken into account in the ranking of sites on desktop devices, and since July 2018 and on mobile devices, the share of which has already exceeded the desktop. This factor cannot be ignored.
- There is an adaptive layout of the site for convenient use on mobile devices.
On July 1, 2018, Google launched an algorithm ranking site on the basis of Mobile-first.
Google now uses the mobile version (adaptive design) to rank sites in mobile search: sites optimized for mobile devices are ranked higher.
- On each page of the site, it is possible to add and change the information in the title tag.
Tagging is one of the important criteria when ranking a site. For all pages, there should be a possibility of automatic filling of a tag according to the template set by SEO specialist, with the possibility of individual filling for a particular page.
- On any page of the site, it is possible to add and change the information in meta tags description and keywords.
The meta tag can be displayed in the snippet of the search results, which affects the conversion. The meta tag of keywords is usually not taken into account when ranking sites, but its filling helps professionals in the process of promotion.
- On each page of the site (home, section, subsection, product/service page, filtering, sorting) it is possible to add and change the text.
Text descriptions help website visitors to obtain additional useful information on a particular product/service or group of products/services. Each page of a category, subcategory, filter or sorting page, tags can be indexed and if there is a useful text description optimized for the page keywords – ranked above.
- For any picture in the content of the site can add and change the information in the attributes alt and title tag img
Correct optimization of media content on the pages of the site helps to improve the ranking in organic search, as well as improve traffic from Google Images.
For all main images of product cards and categories, there should be a possibility of automatic filling of tags from the title, with the possibility of individual filling if necessary.
- For any page of the site to implement the possibility of changing its address (page URL)
The page URL is displayed in the snippet of the site in search results and can improve conversion.
- Information in the h1 tag and menu item should be independent, it is possible to fill them in different ways.
Often it is not possible to change the h1 tag as it is pulled from the same field along with the menu item name. As a result of this dependency, SEO specialists lose the extra opportunity to change this tag.
- The h1 header must occur once. No more or less
It happens that h1 tags are missing, used several times, made through, duplicated on many pages or placed in layout elements. This implementation of tag h1 is wrong and does not comply with the recommendations of search engines.
- There are 404 pages
Lack of 404 pages leads to the indexing of unnecessary or deleted pages, accumulation of indexing errors. Page 404 must give the server’s response code “200 OK” in the webmaster.