Custom labeling can actually make or break a brand. If the label is not right and does not have the right mix of information, colors, and graphics, the end user may well pass it that means poor sales. When a product fails to sell, it means it requires rebranding and re-launching that can be an extremely expensive affair. So it will be intelligent of you if you get it right in the first place.
The role of custom labeling for product development
Custom labels are an extremely handy medium for an extremely long list of applications. A wide range of industries and organizations use custom labeling for promoting businesses, particularly for branding purposes. In most cases, custom labels are the very first point of contact between a customer and a brand.
Custom labels, especially for small businesses, are a great deal of investment as they help small businesses stand out from their competitors. Beverages, food items, and toiletries, for instance, can look that much appealing with food labels, wine labels, bottle labels, custom packaging, and more. Moreover, custom labels can also be used for personal preference such as nametags, and envelope seals.
Custom labeling allows you to get the much-needed competitive advantage. When your label has eye appeal, the buyer will at least look at it and pick it up. Among other elements that should be a part of your labeling and branding strategy are:
- Customer service helpline number
- Best before or expiry date
- Date of manufacture
- Place of manufacture
- Bar code
- Usage direction
- Its specialty
- Product name
- Corporate branding, which includes color, design and company logo
The custom label design should fit the container/enclosure shape, design and closure. Every single element should complement each other and form an attractive and harmonious design.
It is always important to get custom labeling professionally done, using the right kind of graphics, inks, labeling technology, and other elements. Sizing of custom labels is also very important because all the details and information put on the label should be easy to read.
For your requirement in custom labeling, you can contact Rayacom. They have a design team that will work with you and comes up with the right fit of labels.
Here’s what you need to know when choosing custom labels:
- Roll Labels- roll labels are printed on a long sheet and then printed on a core.
- Cut-to-Size Labels- these are independently-cut labels printed on a crack-and-peel stock.
Roll Label Stocks
The most popular and the most common paper type for roll labels is the White Premium Sticker Paper. The semi-gloss finish ensures it is water and oil-resistant.
- Silver Metallic BOPP- this type of stock has a silver finish making any color look metallic. The paper is moisture, oil, and water-resistant.
- Clear/White BOPP- these labels have matte or gloss finish while the clear BOPP giving the label a transparent look.
Cut-to-Size Label Stocks
- White Vinyl High Gloss 4ml. (UV)- this paper has a glossy finish and is weatherproof as well, meaning can be used outdoors too.
- Matte, Gloss, and UV Labels 70lb.- this is the most common type of paper used for this type of label. Although they are durable, they are not weatherproof.
You should get the choice of diverse labeling options that are appropriate as per your product requirements.