The HP Photosmart 5510 all-in-one is a machine that does many things. It is a printer, a scanner, and copier. And all these functionalities fit into a low-profile casing. It is finished in a matte black that works well with HP’s design aesthetic. Thanks to its small size (17.2 inches (43.7 cm) long by 5.8 inches (14.7 cm) tall and 12.8 inches (32.5 cm) wide), it won’t occupy your entire desk like some multifunction printers tend to do.
The HP Photosmart 5510 has a touch-compatible 2.4-inch color LCD display. It is located on the left side. The display itself allows you to control almost all functions. The virtual buttons on the right side assist with navigation and onscreen selections.
– Inexpensive (Under $100 USD)
– Fast (3.37 pages per minute)
– WiFi and USB compatible
– Good output quality
– Touch screen display
– ePrint and AirPrint compatible
– Normal replacement ink costs a lot. If you are wondering: “is there a way to reduce the operation cost of my printer?” Yes, there is. Ink is the major expense of a printer. Why don’t you buy re-cycled ink? It costs much less.
– Small paper capacity (60 sheets)
– Scans sometimes have slight banding issues
– Photos occasionally come out a bit light or tinted
– Lacks an automatic duplexer (unable to print on both sides of the paper at once)
– Noisy printing
– Prone to paper jams and other minor annoyances
The HP Photosmart 5510 has received overall good ratings from the wxperts in the printers industry.
- Rating from PC Pro UK: 5/5
- Rating from PC Advisor UK: 4.5/5
- Rating from PC Mag: 3.5/5CNET: 3.5/5
This lightweight printer is best for home use, as it can only hold 60 sheets of paper in its tray. This is fine for the average consumer who does not print very heavily, but this would not be ideal for a big office that needs to constantly print things out. It is a scanner and copier as well. The smooth and stylish design of the exterior, which includes a rounded pebble shape and an elegant matte black finish, lets it fit in with any decor, making it look nice in your home office or in your living room. This is a wireless printer, which makes it easy and convenient to print from anywhere, assuming you’re using the same WiFi connection. You can also use a USB to print your files, if you want.
Over all, this is a very good printer, for a very low cost. There are some cons, but for the affordable price, these issues are easy to ignore, as the many pros outweigh the cons. If you need a small, sleek, stylish printer with a high quality output and many features, look no further. For such a cheap printer, the Photosmart 5510 has a useful touchscreen and USB and WiFi compatibility, making it simple to use. Finally, the Photosmart 5510 features ENERGY STAR® qualified features, such as paper-saving controls and print settings, so you can monitor and manage your resource consumption.
For the software and drivers go here.