Are you a new start-up owner who recently launched a website for their business? Or maybe you’re a blogger who just started writing articles online?
No matter what you do in the online world, attracting visitors to a new website can seem like a mind-boggling task.In order to be found in a jam-packed digital marketplace, you will need to boost your online visibility.
There are a number of ways to achievethis, which we will explore in this article.
Optimize Your Pages for Search Engines
First and foremost, if your website pages haven’t been properly optimized for Google’s search engine, you will have an enormously difficult time being found online. So, what does on-page optimization (more commonly known as SEO) involve? Here are five important optimizations you can do right now:
- Make sure every page has a Title Tag (60-65 characters) and Meta Description (130-160 characters) that includes a pre-defined keyword.
- Ensure that each page has a good URL structure and that URLs accurately represent the page content.
- Use the H1 tag for your page title and the H2 tag for subheadings below it.
- Add context-appropriate internal links to each page that bring users to other pages of your website.
- When it comes to content, longer is generally better and each page should be 500 minimum and include keywords.
Engage on Social Media
Having an active presence on social media is often a crucial factor in driving qualified traffic to your website. Start by researching the different platforms and seeing which ones are most likely to have the type of users you want to visit your website.
Next, choose 1-3 different platforms and start building an audience with daily posts about your business or online activity. For example, if you run a small coffee shop, you might want to incorporate Instagram into your strategy since you can upload stylish pictures of your products.
Invest in Online Advertising
The problem many people have with methods like SEO and social media is that they take time and patience. If you’re in a hurry to bring customers to your new website, your best bet will be to invest in online advertising.
The best and most well-known tools for this are Facebook Advertising and Google AdWords. However, if you’re too busy to learn how these work and run your own campaigns, you mightwant to hire a professional Google AdWords management agency.
With mobile phone users now representing a large chunk of the online search market, it is essential to be able to be found locally. Most smartphone users turn on geo-locating in order to find services nearby.
Here are a few tips for local visibility:
- Create a Google My Business listing
- Implement Schema LocalBusiness markups
- Get listed on local online directories
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on your listing
Boosting a new website’s online visibility largely involves a well-implemented long-term strategy that includes on-page search optimization, social media engagement, online advertising and local SEO. While it can take a fair bit of time to get to the first page of search results, if you get the ball rolling early and stick to your strategy, you will start to see your visitors increase at a steady pace.