The need to reduce the spread of the coronavirus has caused many employees in different parts of the world to start working from home. Most of these employees are new to working remotely, so they need to adjust to this new lifestyle quickly.
Maintaining productivity is key for every employee and manager. To increase productivity when working remotely, it is important to ensure that your workplace is organized. In this article, you’ll find out how to navigate this new working condition and get rid of the personal anxieties involved.
How to Reach the Best Result Working Remotely
Working remotely is a lot different from working in regular offices. There’s reduced physical interaction, and the time spent working is also affected. This can affect the productivity of your day-to-day work. Here are some things that can help you adapt fast and help you get the best results from working remotely:
Set your time and priorities using helpful tools and systems
Time spent working is a major factor that can influence productivity. While some people can achieve a lot within a very short time, others will need a longer time to be productive. One way you can increase your productivity is by breaking tasks into smaller units and allotting time for each unit. This will help you to make progress and ensure that you meet deadlines.
There are different tools and systems that can help you prioritize your work, and you can employ these tools. They include:
- Time trackers
- Collaborative working platforms
Establish the communication channels
Just like time, communication is also key for increased productivity. Working remotely means that there won’t be much physical contact, which most people are used to. Sometimes, all you need is a pat on your back to help you carry out your duties effectively.
Maintaining online communication is easy, but you need the right tools. Selecting a perfect tool is not always easy because there are so many options. When choosing a platform, it is important to ensure that every other employee is already using it.
Here are some communication channels that you can use:
- Emails, Slack, and Skype
- Instant messengers like WhatsApp, Telegram, and Viber
- Video conferences via Zoom or other platforms
With these channels, you can maintain effective communication while you carry out your work remotely.
Five Tips on How to Organize Your Remote Work
The comfort of home can make it a lot harder to maintain focus when working remotely. It’s not surprising that most people are less productive when they work from home.
Before anything, the first thing you should ensure is that you have a personal working space. Once you have done this, you can continue with these tips:
- While selecting a personal working space, you must ensure that it is isolated so that you won’t be bothered or distracted. Distractions will only reduce your focus and efficiency.
- Setting working hours will help you stay productive. Without this, you might end up working longer than necessary. Remember that it shouldn’t only be about how long you work, but how effective you are during the time you work.
- Take breaks regularly.
- Maintain effective communication with all your colleagues. The goal is to continue working as a team.
- Always ask questions whenever you’re confused.
Don’t Neglect Your Health
Only a healthy person can be productive, whether working remotely or not. Many employees get caught up with work, which makes them pay little attention to their health. Here’s an easy way to keep your health in check:
- Ensure that your remote working environment is healthy.
- The air in the environment plays a major role. You need to keep it fresh and cool, and you can achieve this by using a portable air cooler in your workspace. A cooler you should try is Evapolar, and this will help you create cool, fresh air in your workspace. This light portable air conditioner purifies, humidifies, and cools off the air in your personal space in the safest way: the unique cartridges of these units are made from inorganic materials which prevent mold and harmful bacteria from spreading.
- Your diet can also influence the quality of your health. Vitamins will help you stay healthy, so you should include more vitamins in your diet.
- Get enough sleep. A minimum of eight hours of sleep will keep you healthy.
- Keep your mental health in check. Exercise regularly and engage in other physical activities.
Working remotely can be very challenging, especially since most employees are not used to this type of work. There are so many factors that affect remote work. You need to ensure that you can avoid all the distractions in your home while staying focused and maintaining productivity.
Fortunately, you can work from home and still perform your duties effectively. All you need is an effective plan that will help you organize your workplace. With the tips mentioned above, you can be sure that you’ll have a conducive workplace, and your productivity won’t be negatively affected.